Information for Centres Providing T-ALL samples
1) Sample Information: we are hoping to receive samples at diagnosis on the following patients:
T-Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia: a good 'pull' of bone marrow in EDTA or cytogenetics medium. 4-6 tubes of peripheral blood in EDTA if the peripheral blast count > 50.
T-Lymphoblastic Lymphoma: node in saline 2.
2) Forms: the study forms for those centres where our REC approved study 'Clonal disorders of haematopoiesis' has been approved by R&D are found below:
3) Storage information pre-transport: if possible, the samples should be kept at 4C whilst awaiting transport and should be sent as soon as is practical. A delay of over 48 hours may render the sample unusable.
4) Transport information: if possible, fresh samples should be transferred cooled - ideally using wet ice or cool blocks in a polystyrene container, but in a jiffy bag in the fridge until collection by the courier is adequate. Our preferred couriers are Interlink Express (tel. 01354 692975, acc. no. for billing 1324147)
5) Contact details: for any further information or if you have a suitable patient, please contact: